Thursday 17 November 2011

Song Recorded!

I have recently recorded the song I am using for my music video, it is called "Caught up Guard" by Sam High, and I have uploaded it to soundcloud, here is the link.

http://soundcloud.com/sam-high/caught-off-guard

Now having the actually song, it should allow me to put into perspective the production of what I want the video to look like. I shall be uploading more setting photos shortly.

I chose soundcloud to upload my song as it is easily accessible and used by many modern musicians as a simple way for the public to listen to their music.  As it is a contemporary website, that has both a Facebook and a twitter, it suits my target audience well, as well as creating easy access for my modern audience.

Examining some feedback I have received, the song is generally well liked, although in production terms, the guitar is too loud over the voice. I will try and adjust the levels in the production to fix the problem, failing this, I may need to re record the song.

1 comment:

  1. thank you Sam - I really enjoyed listening to this. You have a lovely voice with a rich tone to it, very pleasant to listen to.

    Soundcloud is a good resources to use

    ACTION
    Add a comment on this post as to why you chose soundcloud/what it is/does, and judgements as to how this is a suitable site for your target audience to access.
    in terms of the audio recording - the guitar is too over dominant on the track - reflect (and evidence this on the blog) as t whether it is a by-product of te host site, whether you can adjust the levels on the final recording or whether t needs a better final rerecord with improved levels/balance

    ReplyDelete