Wednesday 18 January 2012

Adding Text to the Adverts

As well as taking initial photos, I decided to play around with the text that will accompany them.
A majority of Magazine Adverts are quite simple, and while only containing small amounts of text, make sure that it describes and sells the product effectively, and grasps the audiences attention. For most adverts, there are key features which it must describe, these are:

  • Artists name
  • Name of Album
  • Single which the album contains
  • Release date


This is one design I have tried, and added text to, what I think was one of the most effective body shots. It simply features all the necessary information (Artists name, album name etc) In a white font that resembles what I have used on the digi-pack cover, as to keep continuity between the artists products and adverts. The text keeps quite big near the top, as to grab the audiences attention with the most important information. In the bottom corners of the advert are the artists various websites, being very small, if the reader has been interested in both the image, and the text, they will read down to see where they can find out more information about the artists.

I am aware that in this particular advert, the writing is quite difficult to read, and I find this to be a fault with the background, as this is only an initial design, I will look to take this image again, using a different, possible more neutral background.


Here, I have added text to again, what I think is the best side shot. The text keeps to the same conventions as the previous design, yet, while being easier to read, includes two quotes, from things that have been said about the artist. These help, not only to further entice the audience that the artist is good and upcoming, but also that others, possibly even well known people, have seen or listened to this artists music and like it, persuading the audience to listen for themselves. Again, I feel this is not the best shot I can possibly get, and so will search for better locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment